Pumpkin Pickings and Pumpkin Carvings!




Fall is in the air and all of the cozy fall activities that comes with it! One of my favorite things to do during the Autumn season is going pumpkin picking. You can do so much with a big orange pumpkin... carve it, eat it, use it for decoration, and even blog about it!

This year I stopped by one of my favorite places in my home borough: Queens County Farms. The ultimate place for all things fall. At QCF you'll find pumpkin picking, hayrides, a huge corn maze, apple cider, locally grown fruits and veggies, a carnival, and even a blue ribbon fair featuring award winning agricultural showcases.


Check out how my pumpkin picking and pumpkin carving went this year!
























Being silly on our way to Queens County Farms!














Finally here! Greeted by my favorite flower of all time!














My Farm Day swag! Oh that fresh corn on the cob was delicious by the way!












  

Pumpkins galore! Picking one is always quite the task...














... there are so many good ones!














More pumpkins! Keep in mind what you will be using your pumpkin for when choosing. Some pumpkins are best for carving others are best for cooking.

















My beau found his pumpkin!












  

While I am still debating... hmm...














We finally found the perfect pumpkins and stopped for a family portrait lol














With pumpkins in hand I couldn't wait to start showing off my carving skills.
We gathered some supplies the next day and started carving away.














This is a superb buy for pumpkin carving. Specially if it's your first time or aren't too great at it.

Only $4.99 at most pharmacies.












  

Pumpkin guts! I hate this part, you never know what you're going to find in there! I always expect to find a living creature neatly habituated in there lol 












  

My beau using his bare hands to pull out the pulp. Um ew! I used gloves, chill!














Pumpkin guts EVERYWHERE!












  

Ricardo blow dried his pumpkin at one point. Still not sure why!












  

Finally, after all of the butchering, gutting, and blow drying, our pumpkin carvings were done!

Mine is the one with the 3 evil pumpkins, his is the witch!















We brought our pumpkins to life by placing a small candle inside.

You can also use a small led light. 
I prefer the candle, it releases an amazing pumpkin scent all over the room.


























 

















Glow little pumpking... GLOW!













Pumpkin carving is fun, cheap, and a great way to show off your creativity!

Check out my pumpkin carving tutorial I posted for last year's pumpkin fun HERE 
Showing you a step-by-step guide on how to carve your own pumpkin!





Hope you guys enjoyed!


.oxo.







No comments: