Mani Monday!




Bienvenidos al Lunes de Mani de esta semana!

Oh I'm sorry! What I meant to say was, Welcome to this weeks Mani Monday!

Due to my recent Mexican getaway, I have come back to the states highly inspired!! This week, I share with you two brand new manis, both influenced by the gorgeous paradise of Mexico!


Enjoy!




















Que lindas son las estrellas brillosas!

How beautiful are the shining stars!! 

One of the most memorable things about my Mexican getaway were the beautifully star-lit night skies. As I laid amidst warm Cancun nights, I'd lose myself gazing into the midnight blue skies, and the hundreds of stars clearly seen twinkling brightly. Out here in NYC, you're lucky to catch one or two stars at nightfall, due to the drowning city lights throughout NY. But coming across those Mexican skies, was an absolute delight. It was almost surreal identifying all kinds of constellations that I had never seen before!



















This mani is inspired by the nights in Mexico where I'd wish upon hundreds of mystical starlights sewn across the deep blue oblivion... 






Polish

Sinful Colors "See You Soon" // KleanColor "Disco Ball" // KleanColor "Silver Star"







































Dia de los Muertos!!!!!
















What better place to honor the world renowned Mexican traditional Day of the Dead, than Mexico?!



Dia de los Muertos is a beautiful Mexican holiday celebrated throughout Mexico and many other nations. The holiday focuses on gatherings of family and friends to pray for and remember friends and family members who have passed. Traditions connected with the holiday include building private altars honoring the deceased using sugar skulls, marigolds, and the favorite foods and beverages of the departed and visiting graves with these as gifts. Dia de los Muertos fell on November 2nd. And as luck would have it, I was in Mexico around that time! 




















Sugar skulls being sort of a Day of the Dead trademark, I find them absolutely beautiful!!!! While in Mexico, I'd see these beautiful creations EVERYWHERE!! All shapes and sizes. all handmade and hand painted, all gorgeously unique and honoring the beautiful holiday. I wanted to bring all of them home!!! But that, of course, was quite impossible. Making it very difficult for me to have to chose one!! But I chose this bad boy, wonderfully decorated with some of my favorite colors! Destined to become an inspiration!






















This mani was inspired by the sugar skulls that honor el Dia de los Muertos.

It was also inspired by my good friend Evelyn, who is Mexican American herself! She celebrated Dia de los Muertos with a lovely sugar skull mani too!




Polish

WetnWild "French Creme" // China Glaze "Turned Up Turquoise" //  China Glaze "Pink Voltage" // American Apparel "Sunshine State" // Forever 21"HotPink" // Sinful Color "Black on Black"



Tools

Nail Art Brush // Dotting Tool







Hope you enjoyed! And stay tuned for my upcoming coverage on my beautiful Mexican adventures!



.oxo.

No comments: